Thursday, January 29, 2009

Thursday

Hi-- a little late here but oh well. I had a stressful day. This economy stuff is starting to impact my family. Jeremy has been laid off for a while, he did get called back but only for 2 weeks then off again for at least 2 weeks. I am glad that right now my job seems to be stable. However, I was anticipating my year end bonus and learned today that it will not be here for an additional 3 weeks. Kind of throws stuff off for us but we'll manage. I was really stressed today trying to work out my personal budget. We're in the middle of refinaning into a low rate thanks to an unexpected call from our broker. It was a nice surprise but because EVERYONE seems to be taking advantage of this great offer, things move so much slower. This means, I have to watch every penny until it gets done. It's a good thing because right now nobody needs to spend money. I just hope that this all turns around soon. I got my taxes done last night. We're getting a refund. Hopefully this will get here sooner than later. It would really help out.

I was home today with Carson. He has pink eye and can't go to school. I got a lot of work-work accomplished. It was peaceful to get the work done from home. I felt like I had to work. You know? I did take breaks and stuff to play with Carson, make him lunch give medicine etc. But I was so worried about stuff today. You know how in the pit of your stomach you feel knotted up? That was me today. But through it all I stayed right on plan. If anything it motivated me to do well. I exercised for an hour and a half today. Exercising makes me feel better. It releives stress.. for real. So all in all, today ended up ok. I made it through this day. While the next few weeks will be hard because of Jeremy being off, we'll get through and come out stronger. I mean, I'm not suffering. I am thankful for my job and the things we have. We're able to pay bills, put food on the table and do the things we need to do. I am just a worrier.. (Thanks to Mom!)

Things will get better soon.. And I'll be thinner to boot!

Ok that's it today. back to the grindstone tomorrow ---work. But it's Friday! Yes my friends, things are looking up!
G

No comments: