Yesterday was such a busy day. It also snowed unexpectedly which hindered travel a bit home from work. I got home at 6:30pm, ate dinner, paid some bills and by the time it was all said and done. 8:00pm. That's too late to exercise because I would never have fallen asleep. I supposed I could have squeezed it in but I was focused on other important things last night. So--tonight will be double the workout. I've got to catch up. I need to keep on this hardcore the first few weeks. I know in a normal setting and normal life, that a day off here and there would be acceptable. I just don't want to start that at the beginning of this journey. I don't want to cut myself any slack at this point.
I didn't feel as "great" as usual since I didn't exercise. This is good, that way I know it makes a difference.
Today I've got a 3 hour conference call, and some meetings so I'll be really busy. I have a great lunch planned with a turkey sandwich, carrots, sugar free jello, and some chips. I have an extra large portion of carrots today. I just love them, almost more than the chips... almost.!
I've got some targets set. I want to have lost at least 30 lbs by April--Easter when I go home. I think that is do-able. That's 12 weeks. 2.5 lbs a week. I think I can do that. By June, I would like to be down 50 lbs. for a wedding that I'll be going to back home as well. I'd be at 175 then. Only 25 lbs away from goal. I know I can do it. It's good to see some goals posted here. It will give me a reference point. Jeremy is all into this. He's got spreadsheets, graphs, reference materials and all kinds of other tools to help us out. He's been kind of board these days. He's been laid off since the week before Christmas! It gives him something to do I guess.
Although I'm 12 lbs down, I am really happy about it, however, I know that only 4 months ago I was almost 208. It seems that everytime I get close to that 200 lb mark, I quit. I cannot quit this time. I've got 25 more lbs to go to get to that mark. I have to get there, I will get there, It will happen.. I have to keep telling myself this.
Ok well, I guess I better get going. I need to get prepared for work today.
Here's to a successful day and exercise!
G
No comments:
Post a Comment