Monday, November 05, 2007

So you want to know my plan?

Wow—2 entries in one day! I just saw one of my comments from Jen—a buddy over at 3FC…

I’d be happy to share!

Basically Jen, I’ve cut my calories back to 1000-1200 per day. It’s low, but based on what I know for my metabolism, resting metabolic rate and such, it’s what I do that works.

The total key is to eat less and move more!

Here is basically what my caloric breakdown is per day.

Breakfast 300

Lunch 300

Dinner 500

Snack 100-200

I use my higher calorie allotment during the time of day that I exercise, it’s when your body needs the most fuel.

I write everything I eat in a journal. I track all calories, water intake, exercise and make any other notes there. Until you get to know what’s what, it’s the only way to know for sure that you’re on plan.

I drink almost 2 liters of water per day, sometimes more.

I do cardio at minimum 3 times per week although I am shooting for 4.
45 minutes 1-2 miles.

I do crunches at least 2 times per week and use weighted balls 3lbs each 2 times per week.

I weigh in on Sunday

I am totally 100% on plan 6 days out of the week and on Sunday we have an off plan day where we don’t count calories. This really helps jumpstart my metabolism for the week. As long as you have really good control, this works very nicely however, if you can’t go off plan and get right back on, it could end up as a complete derailment!

I also take a One a Day weight smart vitamin. Sometimes you need a little more nutrients than what you get daily from food. This really keeps my body going.

You’ve just got to find out what’s right for you. Change it up a bit to your liking. My husband eats about 300-400 more calories more than I do in a day, drinks less water and he still kicks my butt—so everyone is totally different.

Control really has a lot to do with it. This is the first time we’ve ever done a “free” day. We don’t binge or go crazy either. Once you’re conditioned to your new on plan way of life, it’s hard to go too far off the beaten path. For instance, I had a chicken casserole yesterday—about a cup or so with regular cheese, regular white rice etc. Then for dinner I had one piece of pizza and a piece of pumpkin pie. I may have had a couple pieces of candy too. Even though it was my off day, I don’t think I ever went above 2000 calories. Yet, it’s just enough to keep my body out of starvation mode!
So that’s that… Hope it helps!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks Gretchen! This is great info to know.

It looks to me like your biggesst asset in this is your consistency--which I am not. Maybe I should make that my goal--being consistent.

Thanks again for all the details!

Jen415

Anonymous said...

top [url=http://www.c-online-casino.co.uk/]free casino[/url] hinder the latest [url=http://www.realcazinoz.com/]casino bonus[/url] free no set aside hand-out at the leading [url=http://www.baywatchcasino.com/]casino
[/url].