Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Rainy, cold, fall day--- FINALLY!

This week seems to be flying by. I can’t believe it’s already Wednesday. I worked out on the treadmill last night. 40 minutes 2+ miles burned 300 calories. Food was right on target, could have consumed a tad bit more water but all in all it was a good day. Off to a pretty decent start this morning, aside from the rain, the morning seems to be going well. I had a nice little granola bar for breakfast. I haven’t had any water yet, I’ve actually been drinking a Diet A&W which I know is not the best selection, however, I just needed a kick this morning. At least there are no calories in the drink! So we watched the biggest loser last night. What a crazy episode. I can’t believe that someone would actually throw the weigh in! Nuts. I was in complete awe at 17lb gain. There is no way humanly possible that was accurate—knowing what I know about weight gain and that you need to eat in excess of 3500 calories to gain, and they way they work out, I figured something was up. I honestly thought that the producers may have thrown in a twist, especially seeing how several people had minimal losses, no losses and even a gain! I know it’s a game and all but it really goes against what their trainers are trying to accomplish. Oh well. I am seeing differences in the people now. I am hoping that the differences are starting to show on me as well. I did wear a jacket today that I haven’t had on in over 3 years. When I walked in this morning, my staff said, that is a nice jacket. Is it new?--- Nope. I have had this thing forever, just haven’t been able to wear it. My pants, once totally so tight that I couldn’t zip completely up are now extremely loose and will need to be retired very soon. My shirt, the same. It is almost time to get some new attire as I am starting to look lost in my clothes. Great great feeling, however, I don’t want to buy new clothing because shortly, I will be out of those. I do have some transition clothes from the last time I took this journey. Most start at 18’s and that’s what I’m in or headed into at present. Maybe if I just hold on to what I’ve got for another few weeks… I’ll manage.

Christmas shopping season is upon us! I can’t believe that Thanksgiving is a mere month away! Jeremy and I always host Thanksgiving at our house. We have several guests. It’s a lot of work, but a lot of fun as well. I look forward to it every year. We’ll be switching our dedicated “off plan” day to Thursday—I am sure that it will mean our losses for the week won’t be so great but the good—no GREAT news is, is that I know exactly what to do to get right back on track with the program. I am not going to fail over the holidays! I am hoping to be very near to half of my goal by Christmas. If I can project correctly I should be nearing the 50-60 lb loss mark at that time. I cannot wait to be in the 100’s.. I am now 14 lbs away. I can really say that… WOW. I am so glad to be sticking with this—it truly feels just like the first time around. We are on day 50 now. If my math is correct I am averaging 5.21 lbs per week. Usually I have one great week and then a lesser week—but 5.21 a week, that’s fantastic for me. Jeremy is averaging 6.14 lbs per week. He’s lost 43 lbs already! WOW! I am glad we are doing this together.

Alright, enough with the stats.. I do enjoy coming back and reading my posts so it is a nice indicator of the how’s and when’s of this journey.


See ya later hot potater!

No comments: