Today I'm 30. Wow- I can't believe how time flies. I wish I were 30 lbs lighter! I'll get there. I've been right on plan, and will continue to be, even through the temptations of birthday dinners, cake and all the rest of the junk that comes with birthdays. It's a pretty low-key day though, After a certain age, (like 16 or 21) birthdays aren't as heavily celebrated. I did get flowers from my parents and sister which was nice and Jeremy did get and install my hardwood floors. All in all its been a pretty nice day. The girls at work brought in sugar-free Jello desert to represent my "cake". That was nice of them. 30 feels no different that 29!
I haven't been to swift on the exercising lately, I really need to kick that up a notch. I've got to get this weight off forever! I'm losing slow and steady, somthing that I'm not used to but I know its best. If it takes me a year to do it then so be it. I need to keep it off. I am all wirey today. I drank a diet Mountain Dew. I needed the caffine boost this morning and it did the trick I tell ya!
My sister is nearing her due date, I am excited. Apparently there is a full moon tonight. Maybe that will get her labor started. Wouldn't that be a nice birthday present, to have my nephew share the same birthday. I'm sure my sis wishes it would happen sooner than later too! Ha!
No other news around. I am dealing with a little issue with Jeremys son from a previous relationship. I had a post all ready to go yesterday but I don't know if I'm ready to "put it out there". He's 11 and very misguided. I think he has a lot of issues, I've seen the "flags" for quite some time, but nobody else seems to think they will amount to anything. Its a lot of stuff to digest. I'm really having a hard time with it and it does affect my marriage to a degree and his presence brings a real "downer" type feeling to the envirnoment when he's at my house. We only have him every other weekend. He seems normal but I believe there is a "dark" side to him. His actions and behaviors aren't your typical 11 year old actions and behaviors. I don't know. I may post it. We'll see.
I'd rather not be down today. Today is a good day! Its my birthday!
Later Gator!
G
1 comment:
Happy Birthday Gretchen!! Wow, the big 3-0, still another six months for me yet. Does that mean we're grown-ups now? Naaaaaaah! ;D
So, did your co-workers stick a candle in the sugar free jello and sing to you?? Teehee!
Congrats to your sis on her imminent delivery, I hope all goes well bringing a new bundle of joy into the world.
About your step son, hmmmm, that’s a tough one. A word of caution though, since this has happened to me. Please keep in mind that the internet does not provide total anonymity, so if there are things you don’t want certain people to read, I would think twice about posting them here. Remember, you link to this blog in your 3fc siggy, as do others, so the possibility of being “found” is very realistic. I don’t mean to scare you away from saying whatever the hell you want in your own blog, but take it from someone who learned the hard way that it’s not fun when those close to you find out what you really think when you otherwise wouldn’t say.
Now, back to your dilemma, keep in mind that you’ve never been mom to an 11 year old boy before, so why not check out some step mom or parenting forums to see if this behavior really is something to cause concern, of if it’s just typical 11 year old boy stuff that he’ll eventually grow out of.
Not that I’ve ever been mom to an 11 year old boy before either, but if you’d like to bounce what’s troubling you off me, without “putting it out there” then send me a pm at 3fc and I’ll see if I can help.
Either way, don't stress girl! Take care of you and have yourself an awesome birthday!!
Beverly
Post a Comment