Thursday, August 26, 2004

155 and counting down

Good morning to ya! I got another bit of wedding tasks completed yesterday… I picked up the shoes for all the bridesmaids at David’s bridal. Today, I go to pick up my nephew’s tuxedo (we had to buy it because we could not locate a rental for a 18 mo. Old). Luckily, as I have said before, my Mother-In-Law is a bridal consultant and she gets a nice discount on all items in the store.. I am beginning to feel like I am the bride and not my sister!! My sister has 6 bridesmaids in her wedding (including me). I live 4 hours away from her yet feel like I am the only one doing any real legwork. How and Why does this always happen to me?

This wedding was one of the largest motivators in my losing weight. The bridesmaid dresses were purchased last August (A YEAR AGO!) and my mother ordered me a size 18. Needless to say, at that time, my dress did not fit. It would not even half way zip up. I waited and waited, pretty much denied that I was over weight and that I guess the dress would somehow magically fit by the wedding. Heh. In March, I went to Daytona Beach FL for Bike week, and stayed with my best girlfriend. She is a picture taker extremist. By the end of the trip, I think there were 100 + pictures taken from all sorts of moments during the trip. It was not until I gotten home, plugged my digital camera into the big screen TV and watch my fat butt on the screen that allowed me to discover that I was very large. If I didn’t do something NOW I would not get into that dress. At that point I was truly disgusted with the way I looked and felt. It was then, that very moment, I decided that I was on a mission. March 8, 2004 I began the journey. To-date I have lost 70 lbs (Yes, for 3 days straight now I have consistently weighed 155 so I will go ahead and say it!) Oh and that dress? About 2 months ago, I had it resized!! Now that is too big! Since it’s too late to get another one ordered, I will deal with it and have it altered. What a great feeling!

On the weight-front: Feeling good again today. Walked away the pounds last evening. Weighed myself this morning and it read 155 on its way down too!! Hopefully I will be able to report an even bigger loss on Sunday at my official weigh-in. Whoo Hoo.. That puts me at the 70lb mark.. Pretty darn impressive if I do say so myself!

Very happy that today is Thursday. One more day until the weekend. This weekend will be a cleaning spree and packing party in preparation for my vacation starting Next weekend.. Sisters shower is next Sunday, then it’s off to the beach for an entire week.

Got to scoot…
Current weight: 155

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I said this and more over at 3FC, but I really just couldn't be happier for you, Gretchen. I say wallow in self satisfaction and glee -- you've earned it girlfriend. Big props to you.