Thursday, September 02, 2004

One more day!

It’s Thursday. One more day of work.. ugh. I have got to get motivated here. I am in a so-so mood. I didn’t walk this morning! Bad me!! I plan on walking this evening. I have to go to the pet store for food for the animals while on vacation (We have a dog sitter coming) I also need to do wash, finish packing and go get some essentials for the trip. I just wish it were Friday today instead of Thursday. Maybe not, then I’d be behind!! I guess its not such a bad thing that today is Thursday. I am indecisive today I guess!

On the weight-front: For the past 2 or so days, I have found myself eating a little more. I think it is because of the exercise and the body requiring more calories. I don’t know. Yesterday I had peaches in light syrup for breakfast. For lunch I had a lean cuisine and for dinner a 6” roasted chicken sub from subway…Then.. I had 5 whole wheat crackers later that evening followed by a few bites of my husbands Ice cream cone (just a few bites, I didn’t want to get my own!) My mother in law brought grapes from their vine.. I totally love those wine grapes. I ate at least a cup of those. I tallied everything up and it was right around 1200 for the day, which for me is high and abnormal. I guess it will be ok. Reality check… I need to crack down the next 2 days because I am trying to save some room for the Embers down at the shore. I figure I will most definitely have a few bad days there. Not too terribly bad but for me bad in comparison to what I usually eat. I will be walking and exercising a good bit on vacation but still.. I DO NOT want to come back with any type of gain whatsoever!!

Getting geared up for it. I have GOT to exercise tonight… At least I got 2 miles in yesterday. It could have been worse, I could have gotten none in. Life just tends to get in the way. Its not an excuse, it’s a reality! These are some crazy busy times for me and will continue to be this way until at least November!

Got to scoot.. Have some stuff to do at work!

Current Weight 155

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gretchen, hope you got accomplished all that you'd planned for this evening, sweetie. (Or is that poodle tooshie, I forgot. ;) )

An unsolicited word on your diet: You obviously know that your body is craving more calories, so I won't lecture you about that. What I do want to say is that if you increased your protein, you'd feel less hungry, and your body would have more of what it needs to build muscle. So more lean protein, dearie.....easy to add, doesn't pile up the calories like carb's do, and it helps a LOT with hunger thoughout the day.

Talk to you tomorrow, dearie.

Heather_dw said...

Gretchen, just popped over from 3Fc. I hope you are having a fabaulous time on your vacation!! Let us all know how it went when you get back:-)