Monday, September 27, 2004

Life is good.

I had a nice weekend. My anniversary was yesterday. It was great. I have the best husband in the whole world.

I went shopping this weekend. Got a lot of nice things. I have discovered the world of size 10. What a lovely world that is. Also, I ventured trying a pair of size 8’s on. I got them up buttoned and zipped. The size is too tight yet. 5-10 more pounds and that will work for me.

I did well with eating over the weekend. I did have a very small piece of cake at my grandfathers b-day but that was it for bad food. Last night, I had some white pizza but that was ok. On the menu it reads “low cal”!

Today, I’m back on full fledge. I have a great plan of food today and will exercise tonight. I really can’t believe how far I’ve come. I really did this! When I looked at myself in the mirror, it looks like the same body just a bit smaller with no real drastic changes. Then, out of nowhere, one day, you see your progress. 73 lbs is nothing to scoff at.

Life is good

1 comment:

Heather_dw said...

Gretchen,

Wow, that sounds great. Fortunately, I am blessed to have a great hubby too.:-)
I can relate about the candy. I do not kow how I am going to weather the holidays. I looove all the holiday goodies but I am determined not to deter myself, although if i dont go overboard, it should be ok, right?..lol I am thinking of making my own versions of holiday treats by using granular splenda and putting in low fat ingredients when I can. of course, that still doesnt make those foods "perfect" and I dont know how they will taste with all the substitions.
Size 10? Wow, I dont think i have ever wore a size that small, even when i was a kid. Congrats to you!