Tuesday, September 14, 2004

Finally... a chance to post today

Later than usual entry. Better late than never right?

I am having a busy morning (afternoon now as I get to finally finish this entry). Very busy. We are about to be state surveyed and so preparation mode is in high gear!

I am going to start keeping track of how many miles I have walked in a month starting with yesterday. It won’t be a complete month since yesterday was the 13th but that’s ok it will at least give me some idea as to what my physical activity is.

Yesterday I walked a total of 7 miles. I did 2 in the morning before work, then after work I did the 3 mile routine followed by the 2 mile routine.

I skipped the 2 mile this morning! I will do 5 tonight. I hopped onto the scale though, just for a quick peek last night right after work and the scale read 159 which tells me two things: 1. It has to be some water retention 2. It was the end of the day after work and therefore I was probably heavier than I would have been in the morning. I forgot to weigh myself this morning before I washed my hair so I’m going to skip the rest of the week because I am hoping for a real surprise. From now on, I think I am only going to weigh once a week. It’s more exciting this way! It’s not often you get an accurate reading weighing in every day.

My efforts are solid to this point this week. I am bound and determined to rid the 4 lbs gained on vacation last week and hopefully one or two more on top of that. I know, its wishful thinking but I am most definitely an optimist! Power walking burns a ton of calories and it makes you feel pretty darn good too.

Wow- It’s 1:51 pm. I think I started this entry as early as 10:00 am. What a hectic day!
Ok back to the business!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey girl, glad to see that you're tracking your miles now, too; I find it helpful to keep a record -- good to look back on and use as a point of reference!

Have I mentioned that it's good to have you back? ;)

Heather_dw said...

I agree with Sarah, it is great to have y ou back. Wow, just like sarah, I am impressed by the amount of exercise you do, great job! I am still working on finishing the one mile, you guys make me look like a slacker,..LOL. I started keeping track of my daily miles too. I type them into my Yahoo Calendar (its free if you have a yahoo account. It is neat to look back and see when you walked and for how long. I have been getting in at least 3 miles a week (which is really good for me. And I am well on my way to over 4 for this week. Keep up the great work! Oh yeah, and dont worry about the co-workers too much,.. what goes around, comes around :-P