I was out of town the last 2 days and I did soooooo good! With 2 lunches I didn't pack and a dinner out with a group of coworkers I was a little nervous. I planned it out in my mind ahead of time but you know how sometimes social outings will sometimes disrupt the plan but not this time! For lunch the first day, I had a grilled chicken ceasar salad, and while that was the only salad option available, it still worked out well for the day. Next was dinner-- while everyone around me was drinking it up and indulging in not healthy options and dessert, I made a great selection of broiled snapper fish, grilled squash and steamed brussel sprouts. It was an authentic Italian resturaunt, so that's a challenge in and of itself but I made it work.. The bread and oil was very tempting, as were the canolis and tiramisu but I denied the devil and made it a huge success. While I did not have the opportunity to work out, I was far enough under my calorie goals for the day, I think I did ok. At any rate, I was very proud of myself because honestly, one day of being off plan would have been ok at this stage of the game but I have to tell you, I felt very good not eating anything I shouldn't have and I really enjoyed the dinner very much. It is proof positive that you can made healthy selections that taste good and you can still be part of the party!
Yay me!
That's it for now. Heres to finding success in everything you do!
No comments:
Post a Comment