Wednesday, January 25, 2012

SLOOOOOOWWWW weight loss

Ya know, I am not quite sure what I need to do to break out of this 1 pound a week thing I have going on. Granted, I cannot get the exercise in every day but I am mostly getting 3 times a week and eating my calories. Hmmm... I've started doing a whey protein shake in the morning, it really fills me up which is great and I do really well throughout the day. Generally speaking, I snack very little in the evening.. I don't know. I can't and won't let it stop my efforts. I am also trying a supplement again. The Alli really doesn't help me at all because I don't eat enough fat for that to even work. I've been drinking green tea too. Just kind of at a loss. I mean, eventually, this will have to turn around. I'd really hate for it to take me an entire year to lose 52 lbs! I mean, I guess thats not all that bad. Ive been in this pattern for a while now. Even before the holiday debacle. The first week back on it I did drop quite a few but that's water and sodium.. This will be my 3rd week back on the train full speed ahead and I just cannot get that scale to take a leap! I've really got to figure out a way to get my exercise in. I am literally so busy.. I mean seriously, take a look at the time of this post. 11:01pm. I'll be up for another hour before I even get to bed. I finally have this house picked up, Carson all ready for tomorrow. I could try the 5:00am thing but going to bed at Midnight doesn't exactly make that easy! I mean, I COULD go to bed at a reasonable hour, like 10:00pm I guess but that really leaves me with an hour of "me" time after I get Carson down. Just enough time to clean up dinner, pack lunches, load and unload the dishwasher and catch a few minutes of the 10:00pm news. If I do that, I don't get to see Jeremy. UGH.. I've got to get my priorities in order. RIght now, Carson and his school work is first. Has to be. He struggles with reading and the spelling words he has to learn each week OH MY! I will figure it out eventually. I know I can exercise on Friday Saturday and Sunday and generally, Wednesday's are ok days so I could bump it up to 4 days a week. Just venting here.. On a more positive note, the FOOD LION grocery store right next to my office is going out of business (that's obviously NOT the positive part) and this week everything in the store is 50% off! Yes 50%! I went over 3 times and came back with 3 cart filled trips. I spent $169 and some change.. So just under $400 worth of grub! I got all kinds of stuff.. we're literally set for a month or more. I got craisins, pita chips, almonds, cheese, popcorn, tons of breakfast stuff, all the healthy brand name stuff that normally I wouldn't buy because of its price. I got quick meals, frozen fish, healthy choice, kids dinners, frozen chicken.. I mean, the list literally goes on and on. I had nearly 40 bags of groceries which by the way I loaded into and out of the car, multiple trips out and in the house, and ultimately putting everything away. That was a workout in and of itself!
It was a bargain shoppers dream. No joke. I was in total happiness!I can't wait until Jeremy gets home tonight to see all of my thriftiness! lol. Seriously.. this being the best part of my day?! Well aside from seeing my precious little man tonight after school!
I guess it was a pretty good day. When I think about all of the things that I got accomplished tonight, grocery shopping and put away, dinner, clean up, homework, bath, clothes ready for tomorrow, snacks packed, lunches packed, loaded dishwasher, picked up the house, face time with sis, bed time for Carson-- this is a lot! No wonder I am tired! lol

Any way, I guess I better get a move on it.. got to get rested up to do it all over again tomorrow--well, minus the grocery spree!

Night all. Here's to finding success in everything you do!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Have you tried upping your protein and lowering your carbs plus doing HIIT for just 15 minutes a session? Worked well for me when I was stuck. Although, truly, if it takes you 52 weeks to lose 52 lbs., you'll be a year older and 52 lbs. lighter--nothing wrong with that! It took me four years to lose 100 lbs.--and I've maintained that loss for six years now, which is, frankly, a heck of a lot harder.

Gretchen said...

Hi! Thank you for your post! I am trying Whey Protein 2x a day starting this week. I am not familiar with HIIT. but 15 minutes now that can fit in. I'm going to google it.

100 lb loss and maintaining that! WAY TO GO! Thank you again!!