Saturday, May 07, 2011

Today was a productive day!

I love Saturday's! Started out the day getting up around 8:00am. I got to sleep in! Then, went for an early morning bike ride--did just about 4 miles. It was a short ride because we had to get home and get ready for Carson's first TEE ball game of the season! It was such a cute game. Nothing like a bunch of kindergartner's playing a goold ole fashion game of baseball. Lots of laughs, Carson walked to first base. He hit! It was awesome. Got some great pictures of him with his buddies, Regan and Jack. It's moments like these that make me so apprehensive about potentially having to move but, for the greater good of our family, it's a real possiblity. From there, we went to the grocery store to pick up some things for Mother's Day dinner. We're having steaks. I made some potato salad and a carrot cake. It's our off plan day so it's ok. After that, we flew through the McDonald'd drive through, I needed something quick for lunch so I grabbed a grilled ceasar chicken salad. Jeremy had a chicken sandwich and Carson had a happy meal as a treat for doing so well at Tee ball. We came home, ate, then got ready for the patio project. Time to spruce up the fence with a fresh coat of stain. It looks pretty. We were just about finished and a giant rain cloud plopped itself directly above us! Luckily, the stain was relatively quick drying so the work we did of about 4 hours did not get ruined! We didn't get to finish all of it, but lucky for us, tomorrow will be another sunshine filled day, with hopefully no more rain! We then grilled some boneless pork loin and some potatoes for dinner. It was delish! I cleaned up, then made the potato salad and carrot cake for tomorrow. It was such a productive day. I always take comfort in knowing that my weekends are well spent doing projects and spending quality time with my boys. So now, it's 930pm, Carson is fast asleep and Jeremy and I are each on our laptops unwinding! I figure I'll spend a little time with the BFF's outside for a little before turning in. It's so nice to have such great friends right next door! Tomorrow will be fun, just hanging out, finishing up the patio, enjoying our dinner and just relaxing! I was right on plan today, got in the bike ride along with yard work--I think I did ok! I got a little sun burned on my arms from being outside.. ahh the first burn of the season! :) Gotta love that. We did see a rainbow today. I took some picures of it. It was so vibrant! Carson was so excited about it. It was very beautiful. A very nice ending to the evening. The weekends go too fast but I have certainly enjoyed each minute of it. Tomorrow will be a great day.

Hope everyone has a fantastic weekend and to all you mom's out there, Happy Mother's Day!

1 comment:

Paras Tierea The Rize said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.