Monday, May 23, 2011

Feeling better about the scale today

Not because I re-weighed, I didn't--officially but I think I do have a good understanding as to why it could have shown up as a zero. I know that I am doing all the right things, that adding strength training is only beneficial in the long term. I've come to grips with it! It's just a shock when you work very hard to only see that no progress has been made. I go back to the week when I did the curves circuit. I worked out nearly every day, a toning/strength plus cardio only to have a minimal loss. Or, the week that I did a massive outdoor power walk up hills and felt so much pain in my body to only lose 1 lb. I see a correlation. I really do. So know I know and while I will not quit the strength training, I will more carefully plan when that activity takes place, I will give myself 2 days of rest before the weigh in. That sounds like a reasonable plan and one that I can certainly work with. I did not work out tonight. Not ideal but I get one night a week off. I picked today to be my off day. I had a rigorous workout yesterday--Sunday, a day I normally take off completely with both food and workout. But yesterday, after dealing with the debacle on the scale, I worked out for 1.5 hours. I did 5 miles and 20 minutes of strength. I decided that today my time could be better spent doing household chores and preparing for the day tomorrow. I feel good aobut that decision knowing that I have committed to working out Tuesday-Saturday this week. I will continue to move ahead because I know eventually things will move in the right direction and I will ultimately triumph over this batttle of the buldge.

Today I am DEFINITELY feeling better about the scale!

I hope each of you who might be following along with my journey are having a successful day and can somehow use my experiences to guide you in yours.

Good night! Stay on plan and stay positive!

No comments: