Well- I chose not to weigh in this weekend. Many reasons. The main one is I went out for dinner on Friday night, not to mention that we had an office baby shower. I honestly do not think that those two bad choices alone would have me gain weight, however, I am also experiencing some bloating. I know that if I showed any kind of gain, I wouldn’t be in the correct mindset to adequately handle it. The last thing I would want to do is “pig out”—and that’s exactly what I would have done. So to avoid it—I skipped it. I guess you can say that I didn’t hold myself accountable for my actions—but I know myself and this was the best case scenario if I wanted to have a chance at making this journey stick. I’ve been really great since then, and I am honestly hoping to see a nice comeback. I ran on the treadmill for 65 minutes between 4-5 mph on Saturday and have also been incorporating my weight resistance training. Tonight is treadmill night again. I know I can succeed at this. I am starting to feel so much better and my endurance on the treadmill keeps getting stronger. I ran for 3.5 miles straight. That in itself is a huge accomplishment for me.
I am totally a stress eater. Hi my name is Gretchen and I am a stress eater. Nice to meet you. There- I said it. I have finally realized this. When I’m down and out, I decide that I’ll go out for dinner and I instantly feel this sense of happiness. That is horrible, and it’s exactly what happened to me on Friday. I’ve got to over power this temptation, and I will. I will not get anywhere near my goal if I keep this kind of behavior up. I am totally focused and strongly committed at this very moment and I have done nothing but the right things since Saturday. I’ve got to carry on this commitment, not just until I lose this weight but FOREVER. I plan to do so.
I go back historically in my posts and each and every time I near this point in the journey I flounder. This time I will flourish I have to. It is an absolute necessity.
So that’s it. That’s what’s been on my mind lately. I am moving forward and expecting nothing but the ultimate outcome. A healthy life!
1 comment:
Way to go on the exercise!
You know, I'm a stress eater, too. I managed to lose the weight, and I've been maintaining for a couple of years now, but I still stress eat. What's changed for me is the amount of food I eat, the kind of food I eat and the fact that I can stop myself sooner rather than later. Plus I don't beat myself up about it--I just start over at the next meal. So if you can learn to control stress eating, more power to you! But if you don't, please don't beat yourself up about it. If you've ever visited the Maintainer's Forum at 3FC, you'll find that at some point, every maintainer there has eaten for reasons other than hunger.
Sheila53
Post a Comment