I feel strong! And great! And hopeful!
I worked out on the treadmill last night for 40 minutes and accomplished just under 2.5 miles. Doesn't seem like a lot but I had to briskly walk between 3.3 and 4 mph because on Saturday I hurt my foot while doing my 65 minute run. So I guess that's like a 16 minute mile or so? Not the greatest but it still felt really good and I sweat a lot which is always nice. However, my foot is really *Really* bothering me today and I am concerned that I may have injured it more seriously than a routine muscle pull. I probably need to stay off it but I can't. I need to exercise. It feels better when I use it during exercise, it's the day after that is almost unberable. I guess its not really unberable, I mean I can tolerate it, it's mostly a dull discomfort--if that makes sense.
So listen to what happened this morning. I was getting ready for work, Carson didn't really look like he felt to good but he started perking up once he was up for a few minutes, so we did our usual routine, he eats breakfast while I get my hair dry, then I come out check on him, finish my routine, start the car, quickly get him dressed and we're off. All that went off without a hitch. He didn't eat breakfast which sometimes happens, so I didn't think much of it. He felt a teeny bit warm, not feverish but just a little warm. I gave him some tylenol and we sat for a few minutes. He looked and felt better so off we went. I had an 8:30 conference call with my boss who had been out of town for the last week so I wanted to get to work a little early to prepare my info and just be present when he arrived at the office. I was ahead of schedule all ready to go. We pull into the preschool, I turn off the car, look back at Carson and blam.. he throws up all over himself, the car, the book bag. You name it, it had vomit on it. SO-- we run into daycare quickly say he's not coming today he just vomited in the car, turn around call my boss, call my office, call the dr. call Jeremy. Jeremy came home-- I had to be at work today. I was only 1 minute late for the conference call. If there is anything that I am GREAT at it's organizing and multi-tasking during an "urgent" scenerio. I couldn't believe I had made it to work- essentially right on time.
Talk about feeling guilt. I hate feeling like I put my job before my child. Hate Hate Hate that feeling.
Other than that, things are ok today-- aside from this crazy morning, I think things are actually going well. *knocks on wood*.
I plan to work out tonight again, hopefully my foot holds up. I plan to have a great weigh in on Sunday morning!
No comments:
Post a Comment