Hello--
I'm back and with the will to accomplish my goals! Most of you who are reading this know my story, but I'll do a quick re-cap for any new comers..
Lost 83 lbs back in '04 was nearly at goal weight (2lbs away) when I got pregnant with my first child in December. Things were going ok until I gave myself the right to eat anything I wanted because I thought I had a free ticket to the food buffet since I was pregnant. Big mistake. During the course of my pregnancy, I gained all my weight back +25 lbs. I delivered my son 2 months early due to my having severe pre-eclampsia (That's a nasty thing to have too). He's healhty and that's all that matters. Anyway, I had several failed attempts to get back onto the weightloss band wagon until most recently. I've been at it for a little over 2 weeks now and have managed to lose about 9 lbs-- I have a weigh-in on Sunday, and I'm hoping to continue adding to my previous weeks loss.
I guess there is such a thing as post-pregnancy hormone. Mine departed later than sooner and unfortunately, it left me with a lot of unwanted pounds to shed.
Basically, I plan to keep up with the blog in order to keep myself motivated, use posts for reference points and overall, get my feelings about what I'm struggling with, exceeding with or just doing ok with.
I've started a new job, bought a brand new home and now have a family. It's taken a little more juggling to get things balanced out-- that's lot of change for a person to manage all at once! I think I've done it though and am at a place where I am now comfortable focusing on myself for a change!
I'm a happy camper today, right on plan and feeling full from my south beach wrap I had for lunch. Those are yummy! Tonight I'm back with Leslie Sansone and the Walk away the pounds DVD. I'm damn ready to kick it into high gear people. That's right. I'm Back and I'm ready to roll!
Current weight (oh yeah, this hurts--in a BIG way (no pun intended)) 245
1 comment:
Welcome back Gretchen, it's great to see that wonderful positive outlook back again. Just stick with it hon, you already know you can do this thing!!
Beverly
Post a Comment