Monday, August 28, 2006

Partly cloudy...feeling heavy

Good morning sunshine!

It's overcast today, and I feel heavy. Oddly even after my successful weigh in yesterday. Do you ever just feel heavy? Like your bones got thicker or something. Its weird. Its temporary.

I had my yougert this morning, drank some Diet Pepsi and started my day. I really need to replace the DP with some good old fashioned water.. Unfortunately, I don't really like water unless I'm really thirsty, like after a good workout then all I want is water. I need to remedy that. I know it will assist me in my weightloss efforts so why wouldn't I want to drink it? I'm a wierd-o.

We're putting hardwood floors in my dining room and kitchen. When the house was built, we did have the option to do this right off the bat but the builder was asking $500 per room and I thought that was a bit much so we went with the standard option. However, when you have a 13 month old, trying to self-feed, things tend to get a little messy and needless to say, I have a spotted carpet in the dining room now. And its not pretty--hence the hardwood floor!

It's exciting. It's also my birthday present. Nice present huh? Not the typical gift but I'm anything but typical by a long shot. I'll be the big 30 soon. Some folks have this thing about milestone birthdays. I do not. I have looked forward to being 30 for about 20 years of my life. 30 is just cool. No longer a "kid" in your 20's. 40 seems cool too but I'm going to enjoy my 30's. It's also a perfect time for me to get fit. I'm excited to be the fit 30 year old mom on the block. It will no doubt be a long journey but I will make that happen.

Well I must get back to work. Gloomy day but good.

Current Weight: 241

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey,
Found your blog thru 3FC and just wanted to offer support on your journey. let's connect if you are interested, ok? karinesar@gmail.com. I've lost 43 lbs so far, with 70 more to go!

Anonymous said...

Hey after posting my previous response I saw that you are turning 30 soon. I am also turning 30 next year! I think I will be the hottest 30 year old ever, want to race me to see who can be hotter? Karine