This means a few things.. all good of course.. First it means ZUMBA Thursday!! 2ndly-- it's one day closer to FRIDAY! I have managed to exercise every day this week!! Monday I did 60 mins of ZUMBA, yesterday and today 60 minutes of brisk walking with the pup while Carson rode his bike--2 miles, then hand washed the car and vacuumed the inside! Tomorrow its ZUMBA toning and Friday I'll most likely get outside again. The walking has so many benefits.. It keeps me in an exercise mode, makes Carson and Macy (the new puppy) REAAALLLLYYY tired and so they are both usually out for the count when we get back home and settled! Yay for me! I'm really enjoying my evenings a lot with Carson and even the new puppy. I thought it would be much harder for me to manage-- but its not! I also know that the weather is much help. It's so nice to get ouside and walk. I wish it could be faster walking and for longer periods of time but I'll take what I can get. My Zumba really takes it to a new level. Love it. I can honestly say that while I am kind of at a stand still, I am still really feeling good about my efforts. Thank you Shelia for always giving me pointers. What types of good fats and protein did you add in? I would think by adding more chicken or an egg or maybe an avocado? I read an article in Prevention this week about the benefits of eating 1/2 an avocado daily. Good for me because I love Avocado. I have been doing about an ounce per day either on my wrap or on a sandwich. Although I haven't eaten any the last two days. Either I got really non ripe avacado and they weren't ready yet or didn't get a good fruit.. It was icky.. I'm letting the others that I got ripen a little more before I eat them.. Tomorrow I'll have my salad from Saladworks though--and it will have avocado on it.. I look forward to that salad.. It's just so good. It's definitely a treat for me. It costs me around $11 for the salad but its worth it and is healthy! I get the buffalo bleu. The salad without dressing and the add ons of chick peas and avocado has 250 calories in it. With the add ons and the light ranch it comes out to around 400.. Perfect. And it just makes me so happy! THe girls there know me.. and I earned a free salad last time I went... tells you how much I go!! lol. It feels good to be a frequent flyer at a salad joint!! LOL.
Okay.. that's it for now! Here's to finding success in everything you do! Go eat an Avocado!!
G
1 comment:
Avocados are great as are a small handful of nuts, like 10 walnut halves. A tablespoon of peanut butter is good, too, if you're not like me and can't stop eating the stuff. I have an easier time with almond butter. So, for example, have an ounce of protein along with a Tbl. of a nut butter in celery after a Zumba class. It's worth a shot at this point, IMHO. Have a great weekend!
Sheila53
Post a Comment