Monday, February 13, 2012

Zumba Zumba ZUMBA!

I gave it another shot! I did this once before while I was much heavier. I felt before, clumsy, un-appealing and like I had two left feet. Doing this 70 lighter was FUN! I was a little intimidated at first but then I said to myself-- who cares! All these beautiful women are here trying to get healthy and move! So I did it and had a blast too! I'm going to do this 2 times a week and then 2 also have 2 days on my own at home. I think I burned (according to the zumba calorie counter) about 600 calories! I did 60 minutes-- and at least 50 of them at FULL THROTTLE! Its exciting to be able to work exercise in because I struggled with how I would make this work! I think this is a good fix. Carson did all his homework, we got dinner done and everything ready for tomorrow all before we left. I took Carson with me, and he was so good. He really made me proud. He colored, played his DSI and was really the best kid. All the ladies commented about how good he was and what a pleasure to have such a well behaved young man with us tonight! AWWW.. I was so proud. I really did have an enjoyable time and I think its just what I need to get this going! I am also going to try weighing in 1 time a month. While this may seem like an easy way out, I am still holding myself totally accountable and am looking for at least a 5-8 lb loss each week. I've on average been losing about 1 pound a week-- it's a little bit of a let down after putting in all the hard efforts so I thought that if I weigh in each month it will give me (hopefully) a larger number--and although equaling the same regardless if I weigh weekly or not, I think it will help me keep my eye on the prize. I'm mixing it up a little! That's what its all about! Its a fun puzzle, a challenge and I'm about finding the most productive way to get there. It's a trial.. and if it doesn't keep me as accountable or doesn't show the results i'm looking for, then I'll go back to the weekly weigh in. I am planning to only have 1 day off--that wont change, but I can be more flexible with which day knowing that I don't have to worry about water weight, or if I ate something too salty the day before. We'll see. I do welcome any opinions or suggestions anyone has. I value each of you!

That's it.. I'm hoping ZUMBA is my new motivation!

Success in all that you do!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, you did ask for opinions. . .what's wrong with one pound a week? That's a healthy weight loss, and it's something to celebrate. It's easy to get into the mindset of "I've worked hard so I should see a bigger loss," but sometimes you don't. Many people don't see a loss for a few weeks, then all of a sudden, they lose. Some people lose a steady 1-2 lbs. per week. Losing weight isn't a race, although I completely understand wanting to be in a certain size by a certain size. I know I did. It didn't happen that way, but it eventually happened and that's all that acounts. I don't think it's a good idea to weigh in monthly, and I'm only speaking from my experience. My mind would say, oh, since I don't have to weigh in for two weeks, I can have this or that because I can exercise harder, diet harder and make it up. That doesn't work. You may not be like that--but maybe you will be. My advice is to keep exercising, eating right and weighing weekly and pat yourself on the back each and every time you lose any weight from a few ounces to several pounds.

Sheila53

Anonymous said...

Sheesh! I should have read the post before I hit publish. Hopefully you can get the gist despite the errors.

Gretchen said...

Thanks Shelia! I appreciate your opinion and value it! Thank you so much for responding. I have been pretty on track each week. My weight has been fluctuating so much lately, and with no real reason! I have looked over my food journals, tried not eating certain things and it seems no matter what I get a pound! It's good, I know and I am actually really satisfied with how I look and feel in a size 12! BUT, I just wonder what if I pushed myself harder, or what if I switched it up-- would it help me maybe even lose 2lbs a week? Lol.. I know I must sound totally crazy! I'm going to give this a whirl-- even if it is only 4 lbs in a month, mentally, I think I would feel more motivated! A part of me (with the monthly weigh in) does think its an "easier" road, but then I know how I can hold myself accountable! But then again... oh I am so wishy-washy!!

This is why I love feedback! It gives me so much to think about and really really helps me! I am hoping Zumba helps me kick it up a notch! Thank you Shelia! You motivate and help me more than you know!