Wednesday, February 29, 2012

no Zumba.....WHAT?!

Yeah, that about sums up my feelings when I saw the announcement on my FB Zumba group tonight. Our instructor is sick.. I understand completely but am so disappointed because I totally look forward to my Zumba classes. But ok, so I'll just have to do the Zumba Wii again tomorrow night. I did it tonight, and while I am certain I don't get as great of a workout as I do with the live class, it is movement, and movement is good! I wish I could dance better though. Back when I was younger, I could bust a move like no other.. Now, I watch the instructor and envy her swinging hips! lol. I feel so silly at times ESPECIALLY when I catch a glimpse of my clumbsy self on a reflective surface--like a mirror or glass door. I try to avoid those items as much as possible, because in my mind, I like to think I'm moving just as our instructor is and that I look as good as that. I don't but hey, maybe someday! Aside from that, I had a great day lined up with food. I've been eating one piece of cinnamon raisin swirl bread from Pepperidge farms, about 25 calories worth of chocolate indulgence cream cheese spread on that and a quarter cup of blueberries for breakfast. often, I'll throw in a protein shake. For lunch I have either a wrap with turkey, or tuna on flat pretzel chips, some hummus with carrots, almonds and some fresh fruit. Or sometimes I do a salad. Forgot to mention my green tea with breakfast. Dinner is usually some variation of chicken and veggies or as of late this frozen french onion soup (only 70 cals and tastes great) with a little mozzarella and some fruit. Tonight I had the soup and a turkey wrap because I had a salad from Saladworks for lunch. I love Saladworks. OMG.. The buffalo Blue salad is so good. I always add avocado and chic peas to mine and get 1 scoop of the light ranch dressing mixed in. I totally skip the bread--which was so hard because in the beginning, I used to eat half of it. Since I am doing bread for breakfast I try to just skip those carbs plus, those rolls they give you with the salad... so good. I just had a snack, popcorn with a little spray butter. I sprinkled a little sea salt on it too.. I know I shouldn't, I definitely had enough sodium in that salad and onion soup today-- I actually think I am a little over on the sodium for the day. That's ok though, I worked out and sweat a lot. I really am noticing changes in how my clothes fit every day. That is very satisfying. I look forward to the day when I am wearing an 8. It definitely keeps me in check. I have a goal.

I guess that's it for now. Boring night on TV, nothing to watch. I may just go to bed early. Speaking of sleep-- I've been complaining about not losing much weight from week to week and I read an article about lack of sleep equating to lack of weight loss. I am thinking that this could be the culprit.. I am generally getting about 5.5 hours of sleep each day. I need to figure out how much sleep I should be getting. I think I'll go look that up now.

Ok so for real, I'm done now! Hope you had a great day! Success in everything you do!

No comments: