I am here-- doing well! Had a nice showing on the scale this week.. I am hovering around the mid 170's which is down from the 180 mark. While I wish it were more, I'll take it. I've been doing pretty well on plan, having an off day over the weekend. I'm still kind of stuck in a maintenance phase but it's all good. While I'm not pulling big numbers there, I am however pulling nice looks in my clothing! I am starting to get into 10's. I bought a dress that I wore to work, it was a pretty Calvin Klein.. I had gone shopping and thought I bought everything I wanted until I was walking out and I saw this gorgeous dress.. the last one on the rack. I walked over to it and looked at the size.. it was a 10. I had just tried on and bought a size 12 dress and actually liked a really pretty red dress in a size 14 but it was way to big and completely unworkable so I thought well, I'll try it on--Jeremy said, "you are smaller than you think--try it" so I did and to my amazement, it fit awesome!! so I bought that one too.. I also tried on a pair of 10 jeans that my friend gave me and I can comfortably wear them too!! My jeans that are size 11/12 are noticeably getting bigger so I know that ZUMBA is definitely working! So while I'm not moving that much down on the scale, my clothing size is certainly going in the right direction and that is what matters! I did a ZUMBATHON on Friday-- that was awesome! I did straight ZUMBA for 90 minutes and burned an estimated 1400 calories! I could barely move on Saturday but it was the pain that just made you feel accomplished! I was estatic! I did ZUMBA tonight too. The class was good but I didn't feel as worked out as much as I wanted. Don't know if the cooler temps made me sweat less which in my mind translates into less of a work out.. I still got a decent workout! I bought some new shoes for ZUMBA. I did a ton of research.. My existing shoes were walking shoes and were really kind of heavy. It felt like I was moving with weights on my feet. So I did the online research and checked with 3 different zumba instructors who all recommended either a dance shoe or a cross trainer. After searching in several stores, I settled on the Nike Flex cross trainer.. These shoes are so light. I can really move more freely and it does increases my performance on the moves... however, they lack arch support and I feel like I I am falling off the sides of my shoes..My feet didn't feel as supported as in my walking shoes so now I am trying to decide if I want to be able to move better with a little discomfort or if I want the extra support and not be able to nail the movements... I'm going to give it a few more classes to see if they will work for me or not. They will be perfect for running.. Since in running you're basically going in one direction--straight ahead. In ZUMBA, there are a lot of side stepping activities and that's where I run in to challenges. I did take a jog in the shoes with my dog tonight and they felt totally wonderful! SO it seems that I'll need a pair of walking shoes, a pair of running shoes and quite possibly a pair specifically for ZUMBA.. Not sure which type of shoe will be best. I did try on cheerleading shoes because they have the spin tread on the bottom-- the little circle that when turning or spinning allows you to move withough grip resistance. I don't know. I'd love to hear from any of you zumba folks as to what works best for you.
Well, I guess I had a lot to say! But it has been a little while since I posted! Crazy busy these last few weeks, I'm still plugging along doing my thing! Feeling really good! Going home for Easter this weekend, which I am very excited for! 1/2 day tomorrow at work and working close to home! I have a parent teacher conference tomorrow to review Carson's report card! Excited about that, then I'm getting my hair done.. High and Lowlights! Something different! Yay! It's been a great few weeks! Looking forward to getting around Easter and hitting the program harder than ever. I am going to get in a nice swim suit this year. That I will promise you!! I am really heading in the right direction!! It's all good from here!
Sorry for the lenghth of this post!!
Here's to finding success in all that you do!
G
No comments:
Post a Comment