Wednesday, September 23, 2009

On an upswing!

I realized, I didn't check in after my first official weigh in. 9.8 lbs. I was pretty thrilled--additionally, I had the highest weight loss in the group so I was even happier! I've switched up my strategy this time. I am not calorie counting. Well, not really anyway. Instead, I am focusing on high protein foods, portion control and estimation of calories per day. I think the high protein is really helping me out. I'll see how this works. Lemme tell you, Aldi, the grocery discount store? Has the BEST stuff! I've been getting string cheese, whipped yogurt, cottage cheese, turkey burgers, cereal and their fit and active protein bars and snacks. Not only is it saving me money, it's all the right stuff. I am really trying very hard to stay away from salty chips, even the wow's which was a real staple in my previous attempts. I still can't ditch the lunchmeat totally, however, I am going for the carved turkey, which really does look like it just came out of the oven. This one farmers market has it available, and I was able to look at the nutrition information. Mostly, I've been eating a protein bar for breakfast, or some yogurt, Cottage cheese, fruit, a little carb and veggies for lunch and trying to put in the chicken as much as I can for dinner. I've also found out that I love the Kashi high protein for breakfast. So that's good. I know have a variety! I know what my protein target is, which I didn't know before, and quite honestly, didn't care.. But now I do care and I hope that his will help me stick with it this time around. I am feeling pretty good. The challenge definitely is helping me be accountable. Something I need to be doing. I'm not doing the "day off" over the weekend. After weigh in, if I do well, I will give myself a little treat - you know, something that I really might want to have during the week. We'll see. So far so good. My neighbor is in the challenge with me, she's definitely my competition. I'll keep you posted on that. I don't like to lose! :) Well I guess in this case, I do want to lose! :)

No comments: