Tuesday, September 15, 2009

And so it begins.

The weightloss challenge has started! I went last night to the first meeting. This will be good for me. I have not ever done weight loss in a group. One thing is for sure, this is a competition, with prizes/money involved. Those that know me well, know that I do not like to lose. I've done this yo-you thing one too many times. I honestly thought last time would be it but it wasn't. I am glad I stopped myself from complete sabbotage.. I didn't gain it all back but a good bit of it. I have to figure out why I do so well and then boom- 30 lbs back on. I am trying to determine if there are any similarities involved. Usually, I believe, it's my mind saying- oh, go ahead and eat that, you know what to do to burn those extra calories. That then leads to "if I didn't eat right today, I might as well not exercise" which leads to, "I just don't feel like exercising, I'll do it tomorrow". We all know that tomorrow never comes! I know what to do. I know how to do it. I have all the tools necessary to make it happen, in fact, It has happened before. I am hoping that by being accountable in a group setting and trying different things I can accomplish this goal once and for all. According to the scales (at home) I am officially 237. I have gained 30lbs back since May-- that is totally disgusting and embarrasing. I desperately need to do this for my health. I honestly can't believe I did this to myself again. I really hope that this is it. It just has to be. It just has to be.

I am so glad to report that I am off to a great start today. I think I am on my 3rd bottle of water..and it's noon, so that's a good thing. I've taken my multi vitamin. I am using Alli and for breakfast I had Kashi cereal and skim milk with a banana cut up into it. For lunch I had an array of finger foods: 2 turkey lunch meat rolls for protein, red grapes, baby carrots, string cheese, and some pickles! I was going to add in my whole wheat bread, that would have been a complete and balanced lunch, but I wasn't feeling in a bread mood. LOL!

Tonight, I will be leaving directly from work to a hair appointment. There won't be any time for a full dinner so I am having a whey protein shake and an apple. I wont be home until after 8pm which is entirely too late to eat. I don't believe I will exercise either--any exercising after 7pm for me keeps me up at night. I still haven't determined the routine for exercise. I know that WATP will be there for sure... I also plan to do the treadmill and weight train. I don't know which days for what yet. I'll get that all figured out. I am focusing on protein and water intake this week. I'll let you know how that goes!

G

1 comment:

Sandi said...

Good to see you back!! :)