I'm preparing to get myself back onto the path of being healthy. I was at my mother in law's house last night. We were looking through old pictures, she was cleaning closets. I ran into a picture from Christmas of 2004 (I was pregnant-- by 2 weeks or so). I looked amazing. I didn't really even recognize myself. I had to have been about 140 and almost on the waif looking side! I just couldn't believe my eyes. It was then, that I realized I have to start making things right with my body.
I know I should be starting now. But I am not. I know that if I were to begin this journey now, I would fail again. And while I know most wouldn't agree with waiting, I truly think I have a sound reason for doing so, and since its my life, I'm doing it my way.
In the next few weeks, I am going to compile lists of foods, recipes, tracking tools, dietary supplements, grocery lists and journal space. Along with mapped out work out schedules, these things will become my guide, my direction, my new way of life. Jeremy and I will be sitting down to discuss time-frames, which will include blocks of me time, that will be non-negotiable. I'm getting myself ready for the long haul- once and for all!.
I am going to set a date. This date will represent the begninning of my new healthy life and at that time I will not look back. I have not chosen the date. It will be in the near future, most likely after the holidays have passed. I need to be 100% focused and I know, that I cannot do that at this time. I do have comfort in knowing that the day is nearing, that I won't continue on as I am. This alone gives me the motivation to put together my plan of attack. One that I will stick with.
For those of you who think this is a bad idea, and starting today would be a better time, maybe you're right but I know myself. It won't work.
I am doing well, and being able to plan this very carefully will help me reach my goal.
1 comment:
Make no apologies hon, this is about what works for you and no one else. Shoulda, woulda, coulda, whatever! Unless you're ready, it's not happenin, period. So do what you gotta do to get yourself ready and then tackle this when your heart, body and soul are really in it. I hope you keep on blogging though, life isn't just about diet and exercise, y'know? Take care, I'm thinking of you.
Beverly
Post a Comment