Friday, January 12, 2007

Mid January--- and still not on track..

Well, Jeremy did not have pneumonia-- however, he did have 3 fractured ribs, bronchitis and sinusitis. The 3 fractured ribs resulted in his severe coughing spells! He was in so much pain. We spent most of last Saturday and Sunday in the hospital. The first time around there was a 5 hour wait to be seen (this was at 10:00pm) so we left so that he could lie down and at least get a litte sleep. The next morning, we went back, he had X-rays which confirmed the fractures, was given percocet and sent home. The rest of the day was absolutely terrible for him. He became very nauseous, light headed and on the verge of passing out several times. Finally at around 7:30pm that night, he began to vomit about every half hour. So much that I feared he would soon become dehydrated. We called the ER again, they said to bring him in. We did go back-- and waited about 3 hours before he was seen by the doc. He was handed a "pan" by the triage nurse, and he filled it. Poor guy. Turns out he had a violent reaction to the pain meds, so they prescribed something else, gave him an anti-vomiting medication, popped him some vicadin and sent him home. I think that was one of the worst weekends we've had in a long time. He's been off most of the week from work trying to recuperate. While we haven't been focusing on the eating, it's definitely been minimal eating, due to circumstances. Maybe this will be the jump start we both need to get back on track.

I wish I was born skinny and with a metabolism much higher than I have. I wasn't though, so I have to do it myself!

I don't know when I will go at this hard core. Truth be told, I am really sad about the way I feel and look but at the same time, I just don't want to give up my food. That's such a sad statement. I feel like a loser and yet, I don't force myself to do anything about it. I know I need to. And no matter what anyone says to me, it goes in one ear and right out the other. BLAH.

I hope my next post will bring a more up-lifting sentiment, with motivation, progress and overall determination. We'll see.

1 comment:

Sandi said...

Everyone always says that you have to be ready. And I think that's true. You have to be ready to do this thing. So your not ready, doesn't mean there isn't anything you can do. What about getting ahold of the exercise? Could you add that??