Monday, December 18, 2006

And the countdown begins...

Christmas is like what EXACTLY 7 days away now? I'm so excited. Carson will be so much fun this year. He is FINALLY walking... Hallelujiah! The Parties are over (at least the ones that are at my house anyway) now we can go on to enjoy the Holiday in SOMEONE ELSE's HOUSE for a change!

The gatherings we threw at the house were lots of fun, however, I hate having to monitor the children who come with their unattentive parents. My son got hit in the head with a truck and I also received some nice scratches in my hardwood flooring. Nice. The guests stayed until 2:00am which is ok, but I was T I R E D with a big ass CAPTIAL T.

It's all done now. I'm through with shopping (Thank the heavens above) and I have everything wrapped aside from Carsons gifts from Santa. I need to do that tonight.

All that's left on the agenda: A luncheon at work (on my bill) a little gift exchange and board games for the afternoon on Thursday. Friday, we work 1/2 day then head down to my parents for our gathering on Christmas Eve. We'll leave on Monday morning (Christmas Day) to come back home so that we can celebrate with Jeremys family. This is definitely the last year we'll be travelling like this over the holiday. I really want Carson to be at his home for Christmas. I hate it that I can't spend it with my family, but its the price you pay for living too far away. I would live to have my parents at my house for Christmas, but that just doesn't happen. My mom and Dad have kind of gotten out of the spirit in past years. My mom doesn't even have dinner anymore, my sister does. I could always count on my mom to get the best gifts ever (not that its' that important) but she just gives money now. I don't like to get or give money. It's so impersonal. I like to find that perfect gift for each person. It's just me I guess. I am giving my dad $50 because he absolutely won't tell me what he wants. So, he gets, Godiva Chocolate, Godiva Coffee, A bag of Peanut M&M's and some eyeglass cleaner along with the $50. I hate doing it but that's the way the cookie crumbles.

I think New Year will consist of me and Jeremy hanging out with Carson. Who knows, that's 2 weeks away. A LOT can change.

What's more is that in two weeks, I am going to start losing weight again for good. I cannot stand this bod of mine. I am committed. I have everything out, schedules planned and I'm starting the gym. No If's Ands' or Buts about it!

Alright, got to go.

Have a MERRY CHRISTMAS...

No comments: