Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Sarah

Before I get into what’s going on with me, I’d like to take just a few minutes to talk about something that is more important and on my heart right now.

I saw a complete Rainbow this morning. I believe it was a sign that she’s going to be ok whether it be here on this earth or in a better place.

For the past few days, it’s been a downturn for a friend of mine, many of you know too. Sarah (lessofsarahtolove) has been fighting a battle with cancer. She is not doing well and is on complete life support. A simple infection has taken over her body and while there is a glimmer of hope for her to pull through, the numbing reality is that the odds are against her. I have really been feeling so sad about this. It makes me realize how important friendships are, both in person and virtually. Although Sarah and I never officially met in person, we spent time on the telephone, and most definitely on line sharing weight loss stories, stories about our other halves and just about life in general. I knew Sarah healthy, I new Sarah sick and through it all, her positive attitude and zest for life never strayed. I don’t know if I could have handled this disease with such grace as she did. She truly is an amazing person. Really. I don’t think I’ve ever met someone with so much kindness while being so direct with you. You always knew what was on her mind and it was a great thing. You always knew just where you stood with her. I think back and wish that I would have made the time to personally meet her. We planned it once, but life got in the way. Doesn’t that suck? Hindsight is 20/20 but I’ve really got to get better about not letting “life” get in the way. Life is such a precious and delicate thing. I take it for granted. I need to get better at cherishing the things I have. I cherish the friendship I built with Sarah. I cherish all the words of wisdom she has shared over the years with me. I cherish the way she ALWAYS picked me up when I was feeling bad. I truly cherish her. I can’t believe that this has come so quickly. It doesn’t seem fair and it really does break my heart. I can only imagine what Lorraine is going through right now. My heart goes out to her. She’s losing her best friend. And when you have a best friend as great as Sarah, you’re losing a lot.

Man, I wish this could be a happier post.


I think I’ll post about me later. Please keep Sarah and Lorraine and Louie and all the other furkids in their family in your thoughts and prayers. We need a miracle here. And if anyone deserves to have a miracle happen for them, its Sarah.

Love to you all.G

4 comments:

Sandi said...

I can't get her off my mind either. :(

Sandi

Unknown said...

Grechen,

I cant tell you how much yu meant to Sarah! She loved you and looked up to you. I remember when you two were dropping pounds together.
take care of yourself. Sarah would have wanted you to. I amhaving a memorial on March 8th in Newna GA. I would love it if you could make it but understand if you cant. Please let me know by either email or phone.
All my love to you and your handsome hubby and beautiful baby boy.

Lorraine
lromeo@krystalco.com
678-209-5115

Anonymous said...

Oh Gretchen, I share your pain.
I still think of her every single day.

Lorraine,my heart is with you today, I would have loved to be with you.

How are you doing now, Gretchen? I hope you are well and still on your way down! I am finally back on the wagon (since Jan 2) and am down 23.5 pounds in that time :)

(((Linda))) famograham on 3fc ;)

Sandi said...

Thinking about you...hope things are going well.